+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yess DVB-T9900HD receiver

tupper

Question Yess DVB-T9900HD receiver

Gudday everyone

Someone is selling these receivers on trademe. Apparently, they work as a PVR using an attached hard drive. Sounds pretty neat. Does anyone have any experience with one?

Thanks

Tupper

sesamestreet

lol they look and sound like cheap chinese crap

butlerboy

Quote Originally Posted by sesamestreet View Post
    lol they look and sound like cheap chinese crap
    I agree. Personally I'd avoid like the plague. They look awful. Still, they may go alright though, although I highly doubt it.

kiwisteve

Beware of some stuff on TradeMe
    often does not have a NZ or Australian C Tick certification

wiredr

e frontier are the company selling these units . $288.00
    on the 3rd of this month i received this reponse from EFrontier Q =, does the Yess DVB-T9900HD receiver record to hdd.?
    a= Yes, But the software is not ready yet. Possible about one month.
    Regards
    York

tupper

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. Sounds like it might be worth waiting for an official box rather than jumping the gun early. Maybe the Sommet that'll be coming out in December ...

chrizbie

Default Yess T9900HD

I bought one of these off trademe about 5 weeks ago and it works sweet as, a 4gb flash drive will record an hour of perfect HDTV and you can book programs to record and it automatically labels the recording with the time and title.
    Once the files have been recorded you can only play them back on on the yess device though which sucks, and switching between channels can be a bit flicky and slow loading, other than that though it's exactly what it says it is, the EPG is awesome and the picture is sweet with any TV, i'd still rather have a myfreeview HD approved device though, just to smooth out the wrinkles.

chrizbie

Default NOTE

32gb flashdrives are available on ebay for NZD $60 including p&p, 32gb will record 6.8hrs of blu-ray quality video on the yess T0099HD device (about as much as a standard dvd-r on LP)

chrizbie

Default Best Bet

straight up you're best and most effective bet is here at freeviewshop.co.nz:

http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/hyunda...der-p-495.html

I've been using this unit for the last week and it's seemless, it works with satellite and terrestrial and records to HDD without any bullshit. it's just what you'd want, a built in HDD would be a nice touch though.

max@zl2max.gen.nz

Hi Guys
    Got one of these the other day and so far I am impressed, but it is the first...

Now the questions.
    Does the network port work ???? the link and speed lights come up, but it dosn't pull an IP address from the DHCP server, did I miss something.

The format it records in "trp" or what ever, what are the free viewers and format converts I can use, lots of them out there, but yet to find one that works.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast