+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edision OS Mio+ 4K DVBS2X / DVBS2 Dual Tuner STB

Default Edision OS Mio+ 4K DVBS2X / DVBS2 Dual Tuner STB

This will be a review - in - progress posting.

I received a Edision OS Mio+ 4K DVBS2X / DVBS2 Dual Tuner STB FTA satellite receiver. Not really made for Canadian and United States satellite enthusiasts but great for other parts around the world. It came with satellite from the Americas installed. One can add satellites to the database (for which I did).

Fast Features: Blind Scan, Multi Stream, and especially reception of FTA 4K video.

An informational link: https://www.edision.gr/en/detail/os-...-s2-t2-c-white

I just did a basic setup for the receiver. Just checking it for signals on Intelsat 18 C-band side. It works well for picking up the ABC Australia service. I tested it against another FTA receiver and found it to be more sensitive than the other FTA receiver. On can use the receiver to stream received channels on their computers with appropriate software. (My case, iDreamX version 3.0.20 for Macintosh macOS Mohave series.) The receiver streams great.

I'll update this review when I get more testing done from it.

Interesting that the picture on the link site shows 2 F connections, LNB B and LNB A, while the description only says one F connections and says two HDMI, one output and one TV.
    What input / outputs did you get in the box?

What price was this?

Does it stream from its wifi or through the house hold net?

The unit I wait for is one with a DVB-T output, like the old days analogue PAL outputs, but digital.

Does it do Mheg5 EPG, the stuff on NZ DVB-T?

Owen

Super Moderator

- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2X
    - 1 x Tuner DVB-S2/T2/C

This seems stupid why not both tuners the same ? or there is no tuner that handles s2/t2/c and s2x?

Hi Feralkiwi;

Here is the price I paid for the satellite receiver: http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/pro...TB/p/150096958

For streaming, it's best for ethernet cabling around the home. The WiFi sucks.

I don't know if it does Mpeg EPG stuff that's on NZ DVB-T. However it does have EPG for satellite services that carry the information.

Right now I'm in a holding pattern, I also installed the Titanium ASC1 Dish Mover and it's not powering up.

I'll let you and others know what's going on later for my review.

Here is a picture of my receiver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 18.49.56.png
Views:	250
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	490
    Last edited by sba-fta; 06-01-2020 at 03:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread