+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asiasat 9 @ 122E (Chat & Feeds)

Super Moderator

I did take a look at the 4k lastnight, just to check the bitrate is around 17 mbits. Maybe their source content isn't quite up to scratch. Mind you i've seen the la laga 4k HDR HLG 60 FPS 60mbit feed that is on Asiasat 9 sometimes and its not really fair to compare! Playback of that maxes out a 6 core 12 thread cpu as there are no gpus that can hardware decode video in that format in 4:22

Quote Originally Posted by Apsattv View Post
    I did take a look at the 4k lastnight, just to check the bitrate is around 17 mbits. Maybe their source content isn't quite up to scratch. Mind you i've seen the la laga 4k HDR HLG 60 FPS 60mbit feed that is on Asiasat 9 sometimes and its not really fair to compare! Playback of that maxes out a 6 core 12 thread cpu as there are no gpus that can hardware decode video in that format in 4:22
    All my Matrix switches and Splitters are rated a 2160P @ 50 and 60 HZ as I had before 2160p @ 25 and 30 Hz and I found they were no good as one 4K feed would not work and the reason was I had 2160p with 25 and 30 HZ and it was 50Hz. I still remember
    The Vatican channel as that was the best ever and at that time I had a LG 86 inch 4K and on this large Tv it was incredible but got rid of the tv a moths later as it was a problem TV (too much Blooming) and had to downsize to 75 inch sony which it still have
    today. Anyhow one day someone will put a feed like the Vatican Channel or Fashion Tv and show what 4k tv is like. This 4K Universe channel reminds me of some of my 4K movies on Disk as most of them are upscaled to 2160P and the movies itself has a intermediate
    master of only 1080p. One of the new movie coming out in November 2019 "MIDWAY" has a a intermediate master of 4K but using 8K cameras. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6924650...ef_=tt_dt_spec
    To see the quality of a 4k anything you need a Large tV to see the shortfall of it
    Last edited by Blackman; 12-09-2019 at 11:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2