+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5G stealing our 3.7 to 3.9

Tell me. Here In Brisbane QLD in the Gold Coast area that have activated 5G towers in certain areas so if you live close to one of these 5G towers and if you watch satellite TV frequencies between 3700 to 3900Mhz you will be wiped out. Now is this true or am
    I confused
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
    Tell me. Here In Brisbane QLD in the Gold Coast area that have activated 5G towers in certain areas so if you live close to one of these 5G towers and if you watch satellite TV frequencies between 3700 to 3900Mhz you will be wiped out. Now is this true or am
    I confused
    Thanks
    It's only going to affect home C-Band dish owners in the US (God, I hate the idea). So far the proposal hasn't passed by the FCC.

Quote Originally Posted by sba-fta View Post
    It's only going to affect home C-Band dish owners in the US (God, I hate the idea). So far the proposal hasn't passed by the FCC.
    Ok thanks
    I hate this to happen here in Australian or anywhere else. No doubt they don't give a Shit about the satellite Hobbyist

Also in Brisbane, and if you're interested in what's happening, at this stage it's all below 3700 that I can see, although the *real* 5G will be millimeter wave between 26 GHz and 28.5 GHz, with RF bandwidth up to 800 MHz, so Gigabit plus data speeds potentially possible.

Go to the ACMAs licence database online at https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page, go to frequency range search and search on 3400 to 4200 MHz.
    You will find a great number of licences for Optus on around 3459 MHz, and Telstra on 3565 MHz.

The extended C band will be taken up with mobile phone services, but I'm expecting that will interfere with the average home C band receiving setup.

The ACMA's take on that issue is that the spectrum is being considered for reallocation to new technologies which will bring the greatest benefit to the population of Australia.
    And a few whinging TV enthusiasts are greatly outnumbered by the number of people who want to stream netflix on their mobile phones using their data while they're on the bus on their daily commute....

If they want to stream N F of their daily commute they will need lots of 5G basestations on the way due to low coverage of each one.

Quote Originally Posted by TV Tim View Post
    Also in Brisbane, and if you're interested in what's happening, at this stage it's all below 3700 that I can see, although the *real* 5G will be millimeter wave between 26 GHz and 28.5 GHz, with RF bandwidth up to 800 MHz, so Gigabit plus data speeds potentially possible.

Go to the ACMAs licence database online at https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page, go to frequency range search and search on 3400 to 4200 MHz.
    You will find a great number of licences for Optus on around 3459 MHz, and Telstra on 3565 MHz.

The extended C band will be taken up with mobile phone services, but I'm expecting that will interfere with the average home C band receiving setup.

The ACMA's take on that issue is that the spectrum is being considered for reallocation to new technologies which will bring the greatest benefit to the population of Australia.
    And a few whinging TV enthusiasts are greatly outnumbered by the number of people who want to stream netflix on their mobile phones using their data while they're on the bus on their daily commute....
    Thanks for the Link and hope for all of us that the freq 5G use so far is in the lower scale of range we use for CBand reception. Here we go again the Bullies will win over us.

Quote Originally Posted by gracieanderson View Post
    We offer you a set of impeccable case study writing services that enable you to keep up with difficult and nerve wrecking case study assignments. Company law case studies
    You sound like a Lawyer

its a spambot, how did it gt in?

Super Moderator

Sorry ive been making changes to clear up the user database there are hundreds of spam accounts still to be removed, At least signups of them have been slowed

Quote Originally Posted by Apsattv View Post
    Sorry ive been making changes to clear up the user database there are hundreds of spam accounts still to be removed, At least signups of them have been slowed
    That's good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2