+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5G stealing our 3.7 to 3.9

Default 5G stealing our 3.7 to 3.9

As you can see 5G is stealing in the US the CBand range from 3700 to 3890 MHz. Now thats in the US but how long before it effect us in Australian and New Zealand with this issue.
    What do think that services in that range will do? Move to lower band 3400 to 3700 or over 3900 to 4200 or the worst if the Signal does not have to come to Aust or NZ the operators wont give a SH.IT.
    Now most hobbyist would like to know this and how they will be effected

More worrying is that 5G sets up standing waves with high power node points, a bit like freak waves on the ocean that sink ships.
    Testing for safety has only been done with one 5G source at a time to avoid finding this.

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by Feralkiwi View Post
    More worrying is that 5G sets up standing waves with high power node points, a bit like freak waves on the ocean that sink ships.
    Testing for safety has only been done with one 5G source at a time to avoid finding this.

Owen
    Hummmm Interesting. Need to know more about this before it hits us. Also the problems we might get on Freq 3.4 to 3.7 or 3.9 to 4.2

Yeah, I live in the US and don't like the plan. As it is, it"ll cramp my international viewing.

On Tuesday Kordia had a feed up, 12259 H 7200 on Optus D2.
    This was a Kordia staff meeting. 3pm NTDT start.

In the opening address the CEO said that 5G was likely delayed by 12 months due to the ban on Chinese equipment, causing a need to redesign proposed networks and finance these options.
    Of interest was his comment that Kordia had use of the 3500MHz spectrum until 2022, unless oppertunities came up earlier.

Owen

Super Moderator

The cband is 3700-4200 mhz the extended cband mostly used in asia is 3400-3700 mhz. The U.S is trying to grab 200MHZ but they are trying to grab more so yes the cband what's left will shrink pretty fast.

From the article linked in the Apsattv website: https://advanced-television.com/2019...ys-for-c-band/

I like the proposal for a national 5G spectrum outside the C-band spectrum. Hope it becomes true. I don't want the 200 MHz taken away from C-band as I live in the U.S.

Super Moderator

This popped up on my youtube playlist lastnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_f9gpg4t6c

Quote Originally Posted by Apsattv View Post
    This popped up on my youtube playlist lastnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_f9gpg4t6c
    Sounds like the 5G FUD is starting to kick in. Didn't they say the same about cell phones and sites back in the early 1990s??

Super Moderator

Yep mind you wouldn't we prefer that 5G gets stalled in many places while the paranoid consider the health issues?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast