+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games in 4K

Default Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games in 4K

Well as the title says it wont be long before the Commonwealth games are on us and I would like to know where and on what Satellite they will be on but in particular the 4K feeds that I will be looking out for. they could in BISS or even 4:2:2 but lets see what happens.

A new channel started on freeview nz juat for the com games

TVNZ will be in 1080i on TVNZ One and Duke
    The TVNZ GamesExtra appears to be SD

Online it looks like they'll likely be 720p but with an average bit rate.
    OpenMedia - Home of myPVR, Linux based MythTV HTPC.
    Ku: D1,B3,IS 8,NSS5 on a Toroidal T90 + C1, GE 23 and IS2 if I move an LNB.
    DTT: Waiatarua

Quote Originally Posted by openmedia View Post
    TVNZ will be in 1080i on TVNZ One and Duke
    The TVNZ GamesExtra appears to be SD

Online it looks like they'll likely be 720p but with an average bit rate.
    Doing some Googling it seem they are having a lot of 4K stuff getting out of the Gold Coast. Interesting. I've gear up my system to cater for 4K @ up to 60 Hz. yes switches splitters that are all 4K at 60 Hz. Interest to see what is dished up. I've test in the one and onlt 4K sat on I think asiasat 4 at
    122 deg east called 4K sat and it 50/50 as some of the material looks like poor upscalled 1080p. Talk about Upscaled 1080P. A lot of us view 1080p Feeds that have a vid bit rate of over 30 m/b per second and on the weekend
    I upscaled this 1080p feed to 2160P. WOW thats what I say WOW on a Sony 75 Inch X7400E.

Super Moderator

Theres FTV at 76.5 E in 4k and fta too also I think Fashion one on Measat 3

Super Moderator

as for the NZ game channel, the vodafone udp stream is only SD so assume they are just pulling the satellite Freeview feed of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apsattv View Post
    Theres FTV at 76.5 E in 4k and fta too also I think Fashion one on Measat 3
    You will be surprise how good a 30 m/b/sec feeds look like when upscaled to 3840x2160P using a Oppo 103D to do the upscaling. Now this feed in 1080P on a 75 Quality TV than can only be beaten by a Sony Z9D is remarkable before you even upscale it.

Yes Here in Oz on the east coast you can only get 4K Sat on asiasat 9 C band and that SH.IT compare to what the Feed is even before you upscale it..
    Yes I can get Measat 3a but my dish is too small to get Fashion TV. (2.3M)
    Last edited by Blackman; 10-03-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
    You will be surprise how good a 30 m/b/sec feeds look like when upscaled to 3840x2160P using a Oppo 103D to do the upscaling. Now this feed in 1080P on a 75 Quality TV than can only be beaten by a Sony Z9D is remarkable before you even upscale it.

Yes Here in Oz on the east coast you can only get 4K Sat on asiasat 9 C band and that SH.IT compare to what the Feed is even before you upscale it..
    Yes I can get Measat 3a but my dish is too small to get Fashion TV. (2.3M)
    I watch the feed of the start of the Commonwealth Games last night (not the Optus D1 one) yes the other (number 6) and it was H264 with a reasonably amount of Video bit rate and i upscaled it to 2160P and it was sparkling. WOW I wish all video look like that. I will test the Optus DI one and see if it compares to the Asiasat 5 one

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
    I watch the feed of the start of the Commonwealth Games last night (not the Optus D1 one) yes the other (number 6) and it was H264 with a reasonably amount of Video bit rate and i upscaled it to 2160P and it was sparkling. WOW I wish all video look like that. I will test the Optus DI one and see if it compares to the Asiasat 5 one
    What A joke the closing ceremony was. It was a disaster for FTA Channel 7 viewers

+ Reply to Thread