+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet modem blocking sSTB's

Default Internet modem blocking sSTB's

Hi

From the Freesat.cn forum there has now been two internet modems in Europe that are blocking the Freesat V8 units from the internet.

These modems are:
    ZIGGO
    Fritzbox

This confirmation from user, Amrabed
    Now i know sure is blocking V8, i tried with other provider and it works perfect, the signal of the other provider is even not that strong at my home it still works good (with little freezes), but so far so good.

I do not use ccam but have found that our Spark (Telecom NZ) modem does not allow my Skybox units to use the net.

I always expected that PayTV providers would fight back against internet card sharing, but I did not expect it would be based in the modem.
    We found that if we powered our modem off then on, the speed would return to maximum. So it seems speed is also controlled in these new modems.

This will start affecting STB's use of online content too.

Owen

Super Moderator

Owen it sounds like utter nonsense, and more to do with the configuration of the supplied router. It probably just need port forwarding setup

Not so.

Programs are now available to stop the modem from doing these things.
    Modem cpu time use to have 75% free time and are now 100% used, causing crashes.

I will try to get the source for this info from a friend who trialed software that vastly increased the modem speed and is said to undo these blocks.

Owen

+ Reply to Thread