+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broadcasting standards dead!

Default Broadcasting standards dead!

This mornings TVNZ One Breakfast interview with someone form World Vision broke all the BSA's rules for accuracy of news.
    He stated his people in Syria were outside the city of Aleppo and could not enter.
    In the western part of Aleppo you can catch a taxi down town from your hotel and sit in a cafe for coffee and you could do this for many of the last few years.
    Eastern Aleppo is almost freed of the mercenary army.
    The people of Aleppo are dancing in the streets.
    If his World Vision "people" are outside Aleppo and can not enter, Why.
    Are they part of the "White helmets", America's and the UK's propaganda fake news group who work within the mercenary army.

This false report by World Vision and TVNZ is helping to keep this war going.
    World Vision can not support the mercenary war via propaganda and be a charity.

TVNZ must know this story is a lie and that they are breaching broadcasting standards.

This sort of misrepresenting of what is happening in Aleppo has quadrupled in the last week on all mainstream NZ media.

Broadcasting standards are DEAD.

Owen

From https://bsa.govt.nz/standards/choosing-a-standard
    "Accuracy"

"Only applies to news, current affairs or factual programming. Programmes should be accurate in relation to 'material points of fact' and should not mislead. "
    Last edited by Feralkiwi; 15-12-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added standard

Absolutely correct Owen!
    Mike.

Super Moderator

The general media in NZ is a joke. Especially the NZ herald tabloid crap

A friend of mine went looking for the definition of and penalties for war mongering.

The Wiki pages that he had found in the past had been removed.

Now facebook is going to censors any "fake news" using "Fact Checkers" like the Washington Post.

Soon we will be back to having a town crier. At least then we can directly censor any lies.

Owen

Yes, but the town crier would, of necessity, need to be CIA trained!
    I wonder if they'd accept the old yarn of 'weapons of mass destruction' as 'fake news'?

Just as an aside, I see that the Syrian Govt is organising bus transport out of Aleppo for rebels/ISIS and their families......I wonder if the Iraqis/Americans are doing the same for those fleeing Mosul??
    Mike.

In Mosul the Americans are fighting their own mercenary army, so I think there is no need to evacuate them.

+ Reply to Thread