+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eutelsat 172A @172E Chat & Reports

Still coming through on a 2.3m dish in central Chch.

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by Feralkiwi View Post
    Still coming through on a 2.3m dish in central Chch.

Owen
    Cant wait until I test this dual scallar ring. Hope it fixes my issue.

The trick is to choose the strongest sat for the off set LNB. Or off set both a little. (ie the weak sat in the true focal point.)

Owen

Tweak here & there 4160 back again
    ods that there was virtually no change to the strength of the others

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
    Cant wait until I test this dual scallar ring. Hope it fixes my issue.
    Hope its a 3 degree one with 2 mm between holes
    Can also have a circular lnb & linear together

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    Hope its a 3 degree one with 2 mm between holes
    Can also have a circular lnb & linear together
    I still cannot work out why I need to skew the LNB for 172B only for V platform only. when this service was on 169 deg E it was good on V and thats only 3 deg away

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    Maybe your arc isnt quite,.,......
    I have been reading this thread from the start as to why I cannot get Vert on Eutelsat 172B. Yes I spend 2 days (today and Yesterday) swapping LNB to a NEW SCALAR Ring that has two position for 2 LNB's
    for two lnb's but this failed as I lost to much gain for the Main LNB on and consider my dish is a 2.3M dish its a NO GO. I tested all again and if I mover the LNB itself 10 12 MM Anti clockwise I get Eutelsat 172 V strongly but lost out on Asiasat 5 or even up to sats up
    up to 132 Deg East. Now I looking as other possible issue. The ARC By have the ARC setting wrong can this cause a issue like this but at the same time the Dish was on Asiasat 5 so I lifted it up and down it was BULL EYE and done the same on Instelsat 19 C Band it was
    Bulls eye and even ON EUTELSAT 172B ITS BULLS EYE on the Hope Horzontal channel where it EXTREMELY STRONG and that strong that can possibly get it via may garbage bin yet on V for the Adhoc and other on 4159 sr 5000 Fec 5/6 .
    All other Vert transponders are a NO Go too I have to skew the LNB 10 to 12 MM the LNB to get any vert transponders.
    This problem is frustrating and had this Issue sing the Mux switch over from Intelsat 85 169 Deg to 172. A Lousy 3 degrees east and its a NO Go. I will test tomorrow to see if the Hope Channel on Eutelsat 172 is bull eye on the dish (up and Down) but it can be hard as this Horizontal
    Transponder is Strong.
    Last edited by Blackman; 15-03-2018 at 07:51 PM.

It may be that you are getting signal from the adjacent sat that is interfering with the signals from the sat you are on.
    Changing the skew may remove those interference signals.

If you are using a pressed metal "Petal" dish, I found these miss shape easily. Mine went wider, like an opening flower.
    I found I was getting Hope from the old 172A sat while pointing at Isat 8@169e.

Your issue with 166e and 172e could be the BBC TP from 166e coming in on top of your 4160 TP on 172B

The way I check the shape of my dish is to point it at the sun and move a mirror around the surface and watch the reflection at the LNB.

Good luck

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by Feralkiwi View Post
    It may be that you are getting signal from the adjacent sat that is interfering with the signals from the sat you are on.
    Changing the skew may remove those interference signals.

If you are using a pressed metal "Petal" dish, I found these miss shape easily. Mine went wider, like an opening flower.
    I found I was getting Hope from the old 172A sat while pointing at Isat 8@169e.

Your issue with 166e and 172e could be the BBC TP from 166e coming in on top of your 4160 TP on 172B

The way I check the shape of my dish is to point it at the sun and move a mirror around the surface and watch the reflection at the LNB.

Good luck

Owen
    More test today on Eutelsat 172
    On the Hope channel I get on the Ultimo 4K box SNR at 96% Yes that is high the AGC is 70% and the BER is ZERO and the box that shows the lock is GREEN and tick is in the Middle
    On the Adhoc Channel I get SNR from ZERO to 72 % and the AGC is steady on 72% and the BER is ZERO and the BOX that shows the LOCK is RED with a "X" in the middle

So you can see something is PISSing off Vert on this bird at my location. Remember the Sam Channels the same freq and the same Symbol rate a FEC on Intelsat 805 at 169 degrees had no issue
    Yes The SNR goes betwen ) to 52 to 53 and now and then it goes to 72 then immediately goes to Zero after that.
    I do not have a issue with 166 at all the only problem I have on 166 is there is in my Duo2 and the Untimo 4K box they dont have VIDEO (black screen) on the the 4 Fiji channels . I can hear the audio but black screen. The Sky box A1 works Vid and Audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
    I have been reading this thread from the start as to why I cannot get Vert on Eutelsat 172B. Yes I spend 2 days (today and Yesterday) swapping LNB to a NEW SCALAR Ring that has two position for 2 LNB's
    for two lnb's but this failed as I lost to much gain for the Main LNB on and consider my dish is a 2.3M dish its a NO GO. I tested all again and if I mover the LNB itself 10 12 MM Anti clockwise I get Eutelsat 172 V strongly but lost out on Asiasat 5 or even up to sats up
    up to 132 Deg East. Now I looking as other possible issue. The ARC By have the ARC setting wrong can this cause a issue like this but at the same time the Dish was on Asiasat 5 so I lifted it up and down it was BULL EYE and done the same on Instelsat 19 C Band it was
    Bulls eye and even ON EUTELSAT 172B ITS BULLS EYE on the Hope Horzontal channel where it EXTREMELY STRONG and that strong that can possibly get it via may garbage bin yet on V for the Adhoc and other on 4159 sr 5000 Fec 5/6 .
    All other Vert transponders are a NO Go too I have to skew the LNB 10 to 12 MM the LNB to get any vert transponders.
    This problem is frustrating and had this Issue sing the Mux switch over from Intelsat 85 169 Deg to 172. A Lousy 3 degrees east and its a NO Go. I will test tomorrow to see if the Hope Channel on Eutelsat 172 is bull eye on the dish (up and Down) but it can be hard as this Horizontal
    Transponder is Strong.
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it going today on freq 4159 S/R 5000. Firstly I started by re doing the focal point within 0.5MM and I tried to get the Scalar ring within 1MM and the F/D ratio of 0.40 and after I did this nothing had changed Hummmmmmm. After this I tried changing my elevation and Declination a little as I tested the dish last week for all sats from 91.5 E to 177 Deg W and I found that to get the peak I had to lift the dish a little so I started to give the dish a little more inclination about 0.4MM (adjustment rod) and I notice my programmed Sats on Asiasat 5 had a little more go in them then I change the declination a little and now Its seems the Dish is getting more juice of all the sats including Vinasat 1 where it was full on pixelations before and now its steady. After doing this I tried for the Last and that was Eutelsat 172 the dreaded 4159 freq and it LOCK on and I was able to load all the Channels there and of course as we know we have a black screen but it working anyhow. Took me 5 months to get to the bottoms of this issue and I would say is because I have such a large ARC, the declination has to be perfect on a SMALL DISH. Time to celebrate..
    Last edited by Blackman; 10-04-2018 at 08:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast