+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Intelsat 19 @166E KU-BAND Chat

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    I'm having trouble getting any signal on 12286. 12646 and 12726 blind scan ok. But I don't get any signal lock on 12286 at all

I've tried manually entering TP and PID's but still nothing

Dish is a 2.3m solid and lnb is MTI prime focus

With the signal strength over NZ I would expect this to absolutely scream, but I get nothing at all

I've set the skew on 12726, but there is a very wide angle (approx 60 degress) where skew appears to make zero difference
    12286 is DVB-S2.

12646 and 12726 are DVB-S.

Are you using a DVB-S2 capable receiver?

Here in NE Victoria, all three transponders are 97% SS, with SQ between 89-92%.....on Strong SRT4922A.....dish is 90cm offset.

I find that TP on Isat19ku is the first to have problems if your skew is out.

I set my skew by changing a TP from H to V polarity and use a tone finder to tune to the center of lowest signal strength.
    The other thing is to scan a channel in on the V TP ( you would have a channel there from when it was H anyway) and turn your LNB and note where the channel works and set the LNB for the center of where it does not work.

Another thing that can block a TP is if your switches are faulty.
    I have had this happen if you short the outputs of the DiSEqC switch with the power on.
    This makes a port "ON" all the time. If this port is connected to a sat, then a signal from this sat can block the signal from another port you have selected.

Good luck

Owen

Added:
    Note that the skew for Intelsat 19 Ku is not what is calculated by programs. There is something wrong with the Ku skew from this sat.
    It is out by around 15 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    12286 is DVB-S2.

12646 and 12726 are DVB-S.

Are you using a DVB-S2 capable receiver?

Here in NE Victoria, all three transponders are 97% SS, with SQ between 89-92%.....on Strong SRT4922A.....dish is 90cm offset.
    Receiver is a Strong 4922B+. Says it is DVB-S2 & MPEG4 compliant. And I can get DVB-S2 MPEG4 channels from AS7 eg silver screen

I'm stumped

Quote Originally Posted by Feralkiwi View Post
    I find that TP on Isat19ku is the first to have problems if your skew is out.

I set my skew by changing a TP from H to V polarity and use a tone finder to tune to the center of lowest signal strength.
    The other thing is to scan a channel in on the V TP ( you would have a channel there from when it was H anyway) and turn your LNB and note where the channel works and set the LNB for the center of where it does not work.

Another thing that can block a TP is if your switches are faulty.
    I have had this happen if you short the outputs of the DiSEqC switch with the power on.
    This makes a port "ON" all the time. If this port is connected to a sat, then a signal from this sat can block the signal from another port you have selected.

Good luck

Owen

Added:
    Note that the skew for Intelsat 19 Ku is not what is calculated by programs. There is something wrong with the Ku skew from this sat.
    It is out by around 15 degrees.
    This is the method I also use to set skew. But as I noted, there is a very wide angle (approx 60 degress) where skew appears to make zero difference

The H264 / ACC channels all came up black around 5:20pm and came back live about 5:45pm NZST.
    RT, France24, Euro and the H265 channels too.
    Anything with Mpeg sound was OK.

There is now only one H.265 "Test" channel, although that may have happened earlier.

Owen

Edited 850pm.
    I scanned again later and there were about 20 more channels, mostly the H.265 test channels back.
    They did something today.
    Last edited by Feralkiwi; 14-05-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added more

OK, I've also noticed I can't get any signal (ie background noise only, no signal, no signal lock) on 12485V, 12526H, 12569V, as well as 12286H. They are all DVB-S2

I can get signal & lock on 12646H & 12726H. They are both DVB

When I blind scan IS19, there are signals at 12288H and 12536H, but no signal lock. But when I manually enter SR there is no signal. I even tried entering SR from 1000 to 40000 in 1000 increments, and nothing

I can get DVB-S2 signal & lock on AS7 C band

Any ideas whats going wrong?

As i mentioned before the skew on Intelsat 19 ku is wrong.
    It is out by around 15 degrees anti clockwise as you look at the dish to what calculators say.

Both 12526 H and 12286 H have SR of 30000.
    What size dish are you using?
    Try swapping the LNB if you have a spare.

If you are getting other channels on Isat19, then tune your dish to the best using them.

Remember when I said to tune the skew for the lowest signal, I was using a vertical TP as most of the power is on H.

Owen

skew will be about 6.30 or nearly vertical
    optus skew about 8.30

After much investigation, the answer was hiding in plain sight. The LNB holder that came with the new prime focus LNB was not seating correctly on one of the 3 support arms, causing the LNB to be aiming off-centre. So the LNB was seeing a greatly reduced signal, and only TP's with high strength and low FEC would lock

Once this was corrected, everything is working well. Even yesterday's heavy rain didn't result in any rain fade

Thanks to all those who made helpful suggestions

For the record, this dish is 2.3M Andrews spun aluminium solid with MTI universal LNB (I chose this as I was replacing a Fuji, and the MTI appeared visually identical so I assumed (wrongly) that I could do a quick replacement without changing the holder)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10