+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Optus D1 @160E Chat & Reports

Hi Apsattv

Yes the skew is tight. I'm getting 70-80% when it locks on the V7 and 65% on the V8. Anything lower does not lock.
    Its a pity I can't find out what dvb-s2 ? format this is in.

I'm going to try one of my Skyboxes. I think they show the format in the DB file on the editor.

I notice that some feeds come up but just give you colored bricks. Is this 8PSK? Channel name NNN908 and the like.
    Sometime you can see a clear picture in the first vertical row on the TV.
    I have my Sony spy TV set to show the whole pic, and not clip off the outer edge.

These new channels are behaving a bit like that.

Owen

Super Moderator

If you see coloured moving bricks with clear audio its usually 422 video format. You can record it and copy the .ts file to your pc and play it back in VLC player and most other players as they can handle the 422 codec. Its used on D1 sometimes on feeds there.

Thanks Apsattv I'll try that.

DavidJ

Have noted some interesting things happening on a "blank" channel that scans in as "Service 1092" on 12331 H 22500. Yes it's enc but i have my sky card in a card reader and all that... so the channel works.

Yesterday i had noted that in the space of 10 or so minutes it had gone from a Black Screen to a Test Pattern then to Another Test Pattern. (See Screenshots)

After that it went back to a black screen, but then it switched to a Camera at a Cricket Ground, it was what i think was a Live Feed back to the Sky Truck at the Televised Georgie Pie match (they were showing a few highlights on Sky Sports during the Televised game) as what it was showing was the Volts vs Knights.

Here is a few more Screenshots from what i have recorded/received. As far as my knowledge goes this channel has just been there and never really used for anything, not even pop up channels, but its up 24/7 and all.

Mods can delete this post if not allowed.

More on 12396 V 20106.
    It look like there are more than 8 channels there. Repeated scans give 3 or 4 sets of SID VPID data.
    Some with Perth some with Melbourne or Brisbane. Each has its own SID and VPID and each different feeds.
    All seam active at once as any manual changes to the VPID are changed back, meaning the SID is active in the data set. ODD.
    An sr of 20106 should only fit 10-12 mpeg2 channels, like the NZTV stuff. Very odd.

I recorded as Apsattv said and find the video is MPEG 720x576 with Mpeg 192kbps audio for the SD.
    HD is Mpeg4 1920x1080 H264 with AC3 448kbps sound.
    It plays with the same coloured bricks as it did on the tele.

It looks like I need a bigger dish to get a clear signal. Was working on the 4.1m dish project again yesterday.

Owen

could always try with a more conventional sat box as those open-sky seem to have their own way

and what is the signal level? eg on 12381 ultraplus says 85,skybox f6 says 73,open s9 82

DavidJ

If someone with a DVB Card for their PC wants to give this a go i believe that would give the best output to see what is there?

Guinnett

Has anyone had any dealings with an Openbox PVR. It says in the specks that it does 16APSK. Thinking of buying it as these new feeds seem to be all 16APSK

Hi Guinnett
    I not convinced that the Openbox does 8PSK let alone 16PSK.
    Tonight is the test with the Vatican stuff up on Eutalsat 172A ( see Apsattv comment on another list).
    I've got an Openbox V8 Combo V8 Pro and the new label Freesat V7, and the new Freesat V8 Angle and V8 Golden coming this week.
    Got Skybox F5, F5s and V8 as well. Test night tonght.
    Will comment on Product review later.

Owen

Guinnett

The Openbox is on the Freeviewnz.com website. Says it does QPSK 8PSK and 16APSK. $190

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast