PDA

View Full Version : Igloo 2016

gazebox
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
I fired up the old Igloo box and had a look at the 2016 offerings ex Mt Cargill.

No sign of the Hope Channel, RNZ National is there BUT with the EPG for a religious channel, Hope ?

Kidzone 24 has been replaced by Nick Junior. It's EPG is the one for Trackside 2. I kid you not!

The premium channels price, $20 p.m, seems reasonable for the 13 channels available.

Inexplicably, Igloo still gets switched off every night.

paulw
09-05-2016, 10:21 AM
I fired up the old Igloo box and had a look at the 2016 offerings ex Mt Cargill.

No sign of the Hope Channel, RNZ National is there BUT with the EPG for a religious channel, Hope ?

Kidzone 24 has been replaced by Nick Junior. It's EPG is the one for Trackside 2. I kid you not!

The premium channels price, $20 p.m, seems reasonable for the 13 channels available.

Inexplicably, Igloo still gets switched off every night.

I believe that they all switch off over nite. Sky's answer was that it was to load software updates over nite. I suspect that software updates were few and far and there is no way of disabling this "feature"

wiilliiss
15-05-2016, 11:03 PM
have become accustomed to igloos foibles ,yes the trackside epg on nick jr
no hope ch -yay
hope epg on tv/rnz national is different though
doesnt shut down at 3am if on animal planet

gazebox
17-05-2016, 11:40 AM
have become accustomed to igloos foibles ,yes the trackside epg on nick jr
no hope ch -yay
hope epg on tv/rnz national is different though
doesnt shut down at 3am if on animal planet

Thanks for info about Animal Planet. Did that last night and the box didn't switch off.

wiilliiss
11-06-2016, 01:48 AM
see the hope ch has now infected igloo on ch 56

germanshepherd
11-06-2016, 03:04 PM
it didnt have much hope on my tv.Was deleted within minutes after finding out what bullshit it was about.Thankgoodness i have a tv where i am able to delete unwanted channels

germanshepherd
13-06-2016, 04:42 PM
seems to be good money to be made in religion.Look at the rc's.A multi million dollar scam,but there are always suckers

gazebox
09-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Just noticed a message on the Igloo TV's menu page advising that Igloo TV will be closing down for good 'in early 2017'.

Freeview channels will continue but without EPG or technical support.

Igloo subscribers can take up a special offer http://www.skytv.co.nz/igloo-offer

wiilliiss
10-07-2016, 02:38 AM
only like 4 igloo ch now from july 2017 have to take a lot more and pay 50 month
they are giving away free sat install from now with the price of 20/month until july next year to anybody with a registered igloo box

gazebox
01-03-2017, 09:41 AM
The Igloo channels were switched off last night (1.3.17). The Freeview channels remain and now have the regular Freeview channel numbers. The box did switch off last night after the downgrade but am hopeful it will stay on in future. The box remains useful when connected to an old TV.

wiilliiss
07-03-2017, 12:18 AM
now an up-downgrade file 30mb
s/w for an open a6 will often be 8mb but the box can do a lot more than an igloo box
epg is only now/next
https://www.sky.co.nz/igloo-closed