PDA

View Full Version : Lower Northland

kiwisteve
18-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Horakaka covering Dargaville , Ruakaka, Whangarei area

Satdishfarmer
23-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice site. Like that the really steep part at the end of the site road is sealed. Much safer. Wonder if it'll ever get DTT?

kiwisteve
24-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I think the problem with many of those sites is the relatively low population making up the coverage area . Even Putauaki for Eastern Bay of Plenty missed out , so Whakatane Edgecumbe Kawerau all have to struggle from TeAroha . I'm picking Hikurangi and Mangatanewha in Northland will also miss out . Fell very sorry for those having to rely on the low quality satellite service of Freeview . Only way is to pay the $$ and subscribe to SKY HD

Satdishfarmer
24-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm picking Hikurangi and Mangatanewha in Northland will also miss out . Fell very sorry for those having to rely on the low quality satellite service of Freeview . Only way is to pay the $$ and subscribe to SKY HD

The price of living in the winterless northland paradise perhaps? (hopefully dth will improve in quality as a bit more transponder sharing happens between Freeview and Sky).

kiwisteve
25-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Be wishfull thinking there but you never know knock off those senseless regionals and there may be some hope .
Need to convert to DVBS2 and a newer codec might help LOL

wiilliiss
28-10-2012, 10:49 PM
suppose the white bits mid tower are uhf panels? not enough room at the top?

as this site is microwave fed from waiatarua and has uhf tx aerials just needs the tx in between

Satdishfarmer
28-10-2012, 11:42 PM
suppose the white bits mid tower are uhf panels? not enough room at the top?

as this site is microwave fed from waiatarua and has uhf tx aerials just needs the tx in between

Not sure if they're UHF or band 3 VHF. I know that there was ch 5, 9 and 11 VHF from there. Did sky/prime use the site too?

kiwisteve
29-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Yes Horokaka has UHF , quite a busy site looking at all the licences !!

Rusty
30-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I think the problem with many of those sites is the relatively low population making up the coverage area . Even Putauaki for Eastern Bay of Plenty missed out , so Whakatane Edgecumbe Kawerau all have to struggle from TeAroha . I'm picking Hikurangi and Mangatanewha in Northland will also miss out . Fell very sorry for those having to rely on the low quality satellite service of Freeview . Only way is to pay the $$ and subscribe to SKY HD

Yeah never quite figured out that one???? would have picked Putauaki over Pukepoto for Rotorua.... I would have thought the eastern bay area would have more people than the Rotorua basin...

kiwisteve
30-10-2012, 12:57 PM
The tourist areas seem to get these things . Taupo Rotorua , but Queenstown missed out

Rusty
30-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I woud have expected the govt to replace any transmitter that did Analog with a DTT one.... Hardly supporting DTT really...

wiilliiss
30-10-2012, 10:10 PM
rotorua would have a similar population to eastern bop and 2 tv ch to go digital

as for queenstown tv1 from hedgehope and tv 2,3 obelisk to coronet peak 4,6, 32 to bobs peak 7,9,11 and deer park heights 8,10, 30v + itv 34h
quite a process for a few thousand

Satdishfarmer
30-10-2012, 10:28 PM
One big transmitter in the sky for queenstown... D1...

Replacing every analog tx site with digital would be expensive right now, remember that the analog system took 40 years to get as big as it did and DTT has only been going since 2007.